Are you interested in publishing your very own book? Do you have dreams of seeing your name and body of work on a hardcover book?
Filling out the BooxAI form takes you one step closer to achieving that dream.
Check out this tutorial to get started.
The Complete Step-by-Step Process
Step 1: Click on the Link Provided Below
This is a custom link that is not searchable on Google.
Step 2: Fill Out Your Personal Information
Enter your personal information:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Order ID Number (this four-digit number appears on the “Thank You” email you received after placing the order on our website. Example; 1356)
- Email (ex: email@example.com; make sure it is written in an acceptable format. This email will be used by BooxAI for further communication during the publishing process.)
- Phone Number (this part is optional)
*Make sure you enter these items in their designated text boxes. Double-check your work before proceeding to the next section, as your information is NOT saved if you have to go back and edit. It’s important to enter these items correctly, as errors may lead to a delay in the publishing process.
Step 3: Select Your Book Cover Layout
Upload your book’s cover design, or choose one of BooxAI’s four layout templates.
You will have the opportunity to design your cover and choose a custom image from our stock photography database with your production manager at a later date.
If you are designing a book cover using BooxAI’s templates
CHOOSE A COVER FORMAT
You have the choice of one of our four BooxAI book cover templates to choose from.
If you are uploading your own finished cover design
Make sure that your design includes the following information, legibly and without typos:
- Author name
- Book title (with optional subtitle)
- Book blurb
- Author Bio/photo
Resolution of all images should be at least 300 DPI. The cover should be one file in landscape orientation, with the back on the left side and the front on the right, as one page. The manuscript should be uploaded as a separate, multi-page document.
Step 4: Select Your Book Dimensions
You may select from one of five options:
US Trade (6 in. by 9 in.),
Digest (5.5 in. by 8.5 in.),
Square (8.5 in. by 8.5 in.),
Landscape (9 in. by 7 in.),
or Pocket Book (4.25 in. by 6.87 in.)
You will be asked to fill out the following fields:
If you’re still deciding on a title, now is the time to check out our blog on the 4 Qualities of Best-Selling Book Titles to help you figure it out!
Make sure the title is capitalized, punctuated and spelled the same way on the exterior and interior of the book.
You do not need to add a subtitle. Again, make sure the title is capitalized, punctuated and spelled the same way on the exterior and interior of the book.
You may choose to write your legal name or a pen name, it is up to you. Just make sure that it is written the same way throughout your front and back cover design, as well as the interior of the book.
Step 5: Enter Back Cover Text
Your book description must contain a maximum of 1800 characters (approximately 350 words). In your book description, it is pertinent to include:
- The Blurb (Book’s main features, questions raised, solutions to problems, etc.)
- Tagline (quote, catchphrase, etc.)
- Testimonials (positive reviews about you from others)
Your author bio must contain 500 characters (approximately 100 words) or less. In your bio, you can include:
- Writing experience
- Geographical location
- Education or academic background
- Previous works, if any
- Awards, if any
Make sure to avoid:
- Curse words
- Inappropriate or profane language
- Personal contact information (for safety purposes)
Your bio should have a professional tone, as it is more of a purely informative piece about the author and should be of a different writing style than the book description.
Adding a photo is optional. Your photo must be a jpg of a file size 6MB or less.
Step 6: Book Characteristics and Tags
English is the only currently available language.
Enter up to five keywords that are related to your topic/genre, separated by commas. Keywords are not case sensitive.
BooxAi makes use of Smart technology, a feature that makes life easier for both readers and authors.
Step 7: Choose Your Format
First Paragraph Format
You will be asked to choose between 6 options for First Paragraph:
- Large Bold first letter,
- Capitalized first four words,
- Medium Bold first letter,
- Capitalized first line,
- Medium Capitalized first three words.
Header and Footer Format
You will choose from 8 different options:
- Author, left side of page, center aligned; Title, right side of page, center aligned.
- Title, left side of page, center aligned; Chapter, right side of page, center aligned.
- Author, left side of page, justified left; Title, right side of page, justified right.
- Title, left side of page, justified left; Chapter, right side of page, justified right.
- Author, left side of page, justified left, book page center aligned; Title, right side of page. Justified right, book page center aligned.
- Blank; book page center aligned on left and right sides.
- Author, left side of page, justified left, book page justified left; Title, right side of page. Justified right, book page justified right..
- Blank; book page justified left on left side, and justified right on right side.
- Author, left side of page, center aligned, book page center aligned; Title, right side of page, center aligned, book page center aligned.
Miscellaneous Format options
You can choose up to four additional options, including:
- Chapter starts with an indentation
- Table of Contents
- Add a disclaimer statement that all characters, places and events described are fictional.
- Add a parental advisory for explicit content.
Step 8: Contributors (optional)
You may add co-writers, editors, illustrators, translators, designers, or photographers as contributors to your book.
Step 9: Upload your Manuscript
You will be asked to upload a .doc or .docx file of your manuscript. Sorry, but PDFs won’t be accepted.
You can also leave your comments and special instructions in the General Comments box.
If your manuscript has not yet been seen by a literary editor, click “No”. We recommend that you select the “No” option unless you have hired an editor and you have personally proofread the final draft.
You have the choice of printing your manuscript in black and white, or the option of printing in color (recommended if you have pictures in your manuscript). Within your black and white print options, you can choose between white or cream paper.
In the General Comments section, you can let your Production Manager know about any concerns you have about your files or things you want to correct before your book is ready to print.
Once you’ve completed Steps 1-9, press on Submit Form, and you’re good to go!
We hope that this completed form is the first of many to come. We look forward to seeing you publish more books in the near future.
If you are still in need of help, you can always contact firstname.lastname@example.org to ask questions.