Website Terms and Conditions
- Modification. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change these Terms at any time. Such change will be effective ten (10) days following posting of the revised Terms on the Site, and your continued use of the Site and/or our Services thereafter means that you accept those changes.
- Ability to Accept Terms.The Site is only intended for individuals aged thirteen (13) years or older. If you are under 13 years please do not visit or use the Site. If you are between 13 and 18 years of age, then you must review these Terms with your parent or guardian before visiting or using the Site to make sure that you and your parent or guardian understand these Terms and agree to them.
- Site Access.For such time as these Terms are in effect, we hereby grant you permission to visit and use the Site provided that you comply with these Terms and applicable law.
- Restrictions.You shall not: (i) copy, distribute or modify any part of the Site without our prior written authorization; (ii) use, modify, create derivative works of, transfer (by sale, resale, license, sublicense, download or otherwise), reproduce, distribute, display or disclose Content (defined below), except as expressly authorized herein; (iii) disrupt servers or networks connected to the Site; (iv) use or launch any automated system (including without limitation, “robots” and “spiders”) to access the Site; (v) circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content or that enforce limitations on use of the Site; and/or (vi) use any communications systems provided by the Site to send unauthorized commercial communications.
- Payments. Except as expressly set forth in the Terms, your general right to access and use the Site is currently for free, but Booxai does charge a fee for certain access or usage. You will not be charged for any such access or use of the Site unless you first agree to such charges, but please be aware that any failure to pay applicable charges may result in you not having access to some or all of the Site.
- Intellectual Property Rights.
7.1 Content and Marks. The (i) content on the Site, including without limitation, the text, documents, articles, brochures, descriptions, products, software, graphics, photos, sounds, videos, interactive features, books and services (collectively, the “Content“), and (ii) the trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein (“Marks“), are the property of Booxai and/or its licensors and may be protected by applicable copyright or other intellectual property laws and treaties. “Booxai”, the Booxai logo, and other marks are Marks of Booxai or its affiliates. All other trademarks, service marks, and logos used on the Site are the trademarks, service marks, or logos of their respective owners. We reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to the Site and the Content.
7.2 Use of Content. Content on the Site is provided to you for your information and personal use only and may not be used, modified, copied, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, de-compiled, or otherwise exploited for any other purposes whatsoever without our prior written consent. If you download or print a copy of the Content you must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained therein.
- Information Accuracy.We attempt to be as accurate as possible. However, we cannot and do not warrant that the Content available on the Site is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. We reserve the right to make changes in or to the Content, or any part thereof, in our sole judgment, without the requirement of giving any notice prior to or after making such changes to the Content. Your use of the Content, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. You understand and acknowledge that when accessing and using the Site: (i) you will be exposed to certain content from a variety of sources (including content provided by third parties and/or customers of Booxai) (“ThirdParty Content“), and that Booxai is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or Intellectual Property Rights of, or relating to, such Third Party Content; and (ii) you may be exposed to Third Party Content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable. You hereby agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you may have against Booxai with respect to (i) and (ii) herein.
9.2 Booxai permits you to link to the Site provided that: (i) you link to but do not replicate any page on this Site; (ii) the hyperlink text shall accurately describe the Content as it appears on the Site; (iii) you shall not misrepresent your relationship with Booxai or present any false information about Booxai and shall not imply in any way that we are endorsing any services or products, unless we have given you our express prior consent; (iv) you shall not link from a website (“Third Party Website“) which prohibits linking to third parties; (v) such Third-party Website does not contain content that (a) is offensive or controversial (both at our discretion), or (b) infringes any intellectual property, privacy rights, or other rights of any person or entity; and/or (vi) you, and your website, comply with these Terms and applicable law.
- Copyright Policy.
11.1 It is the policy of Booxai and its affiliates and subsidiaries to respect the legitimate rights of copyright owners, and we will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement. Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “DMCA“), we have designated a Copyright Agent (as specified below) to receive notifications of claimed copyright infringement in connection with Booxai’s website (available at: copyright@Meitar.com. Please be advised that we enforce a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of users who are repeat infringers. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide the Copyright Agent with the following information in accordance with the DMCA:
(i) An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright;
(ii) A description of the copyrighted work you claim has been infringed;
(iii) A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Services, with enough detail that we may find it. Providing URLs or images in the body of an email is the best way to help us locate content quickly;
(iv) Your address, telephone number, and email address;
(v) A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
(vi) A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Counter-Notification. If you believe that the material you posted was removed from the Services by mistake, and that you have the right to post the material, you may elect to send us a counter-notification. To be effective the counter-notification must be a written communication provided to our Copyright Agent that includes substantially the following (please consult your legal counsel or see the DMCA to confirm these requirements):
(i) Your physical or electronic signature;
(ii) Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled. Providing URLs or images in the body of an email is the best way to help us locate content quickly;
(iii) A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
(iv) Your name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if your address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the Services may be found or accessed, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of infringement or an agent of such person.
11.2 Misrepresentations. Please note that under the DMCA (at 17 U.S.C. Section 512(f)) any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing or was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability.
11.3 Copyright Agent. Our agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement (“Copyright Agent“) can be reached as follows:
Address: Meitar Law Offices
16 Abba Hillel Rd.
Ramat Gan 5250608, ISRAEL
- Warranty Disclaimers.
12.1 This Section applies whether or not the services provided under the Site are for payment. Applicable law may not allow the exclusion of certain warranties, so to that extent certain exclusions set forth herein may not apply.
12.2 THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. BOOXAI HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND THOSE ARISING BY STATUTE OR FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. BOOXAI DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE SITE WILL BE FREE OF BUGS, SECURITY BREACHES, OR VIRUS ATTACKS. THE SITE MAY OCCASIONALLY BE UNAVAILABLE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE, UPGRADING, OR OTHER REASONS. YOU AGREE THAT BOOXAI WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENCES TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY THAT MAY RESULT FROM TECHNICAL PROBLEMS OF THE INTERNET, SLOW CONNECTIONS, TRAFFIC CONGESTION OR OVERLOAD OF OUR OR OTHER SERVERS. WE DO NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE OR GUARANTEE ANY CONTENT, PRODUCT, OR SERVICE THAT IS FEATURED OR ADVERTISED ON THE SITE BY A THIRD PARTY.
12.3 BOOXAI DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE OR GUARANTEE ANY CONTENT THAT APPEARS IN AN BOOK, AND DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO, AND DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR, ANY SUCH CONTENT.
12.4 YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT BOOXAI SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE BOOKS OR CONDUCT (INCLUDING DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, ILLEGAL, OR NEGLIGENT CONDUCT) OF ANY SITE USER AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
12.5 YOUR RELIANCE ON, OR USE OF, ANY THIRD PARTY CONTENT, OR INTERACTION WITH ANY SITE USER OR OWNER, IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. IF YOU HAVE A DISPUTE WITH ANY SITE USER OR OWNER IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE OR ANY SUCH CONTENT, YOU AGREE THAT BOOXAI IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIMS OR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH SUCH A DISPUTE. BOOXAI RESERVES THE RIGHT, BUT HAS NO OBLIGATION, TO MONITOR ANY SUCH DISPUTE.
- Limitation of Liability.
13.1 TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, BOOXAI SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR FOR ANY LOSS OF DATA, REVENUE, PROFITS OR REPUTATION, ARISING UNDER THESE TERMS OR OUT OF YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE, EVEN IF BOOXAI HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
13.2 IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF BOOXAI FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING UNDER THESE TERMS OR OUT OF YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF FEES, IF ANY, PAID BY YOU TO BOOXAI FOR USING THE SITE DURING THE THREE (3) MONTHS PRIOR TO BRINGING THE CLAIM.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Booxai and our affiliates, and our respective officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from: (i) your use of the Site; (ii) interaction with any Site user; or (iii) your violation of these Terms.
- Term and Termination. These Terms are effective until terminated by Booxai or you. Booxai, in its sole discretion, has the right to terminate these Terms and/or your access to the Site and/or the Services, or any part thereof, immediately at any time and with or without cause (including, without any limitation, for a breach of these Terms). Booxai shall not be liable to you or any third party for termination of the Site and/or the Services, or any part thereof. If you object to any term or condition of these Terms, or any subsequent modifications thereto, or become dissatisfied with the Site in any way, your only recourse is to immediately discontinue use of the Site. Upon termination of these Terms, you shall cease all use of the Site.This Section 15 and Sections 7 (Intellectual Property Rights), 10 (Privacy), 12 (Warranty Disclaimers), 13 (Limitation of Liability), 14 (Indemnity), and 16 (Independent Contractors) to 19 (General) shall survive termination of these Terms.
- Independent Contractors.You and Booxai are independent contractors. Nothing in these Terms creates a partnership, joint venture, agency, or employment relationship between you and Booxai. You must not under any circumstances make, or undertake, any warranties, representations, commitments or obligations on behalf of Booxai.
- Assignment. These Terms, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you but may be assigned by Booxai without restriction or notification to you. Any prohibited assignment shall be null and void.
- Governing Law. Booxai reserves the right to discontinue or modify any aspect of the Site at any time. These Terms and the relationship between you and Booxai shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Israel, without regard to its principles of conflict of laws. You agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in Tel Aviv-Yafo and waive any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections to such courts, provided that Booxai may seek injunctive relief in any court of competent jurisdiction.
- General.These Terms shall constitute the entire agreement between you and Booxai concerning the Site. If any provision of these Terms is deemed invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any term of these Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and a party’s failure to assert any right or provision under these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. YOU AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION THAT YOU MAY HAVE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SITE MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
Last updated: December, 2023